Main Article Content
To address the interrelated crises of the energy and the environment, solar energy should be used for wastewater treatment. This review summarizes the various techniques of using solar energy for getting usable water from sea water and wastewater. A part of the contents of this paper was presented in a lecture delivered at a programme of FOSET on June 21, 2013
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The copyright for all manuscripts/ documents belongs to the authors.
- Solar Energy Engineering – Processes and Systems, S. A. Kalogirou; Academic Press – Elsevier (2009)
- Photocatalytic Water Treatment – Solar Energy Applications; D. Bahnemann; Solar Energy 77(2004) 445 – 459
- Solar water disinfection: A guide for the application of SODIS; Swiss Federal Inst for Environ. Sc & Technol. and Dept. of Water & Sanitation in Developing countries.
- Solar Energy-Principles of Thermal Collection and Storage; S. P. Sukhatme, J. K. Nayak; Third Edition (2008), Tata-Mcgrew-Hill Publishing Company Limited
- R. M. Conroy, H-J Mosler, M. du Preez, E. Ubomba-Jaswa, P. Fernandez-Iba˜nez, Solar water disinfection (SODIS): A review from bench-top to roof-top, K. G. McGuigan, Journal of Hazardous Materials 235 – 236 (2012) 29– 46.
- http://en.wikipidia.org/wiki/Earth’s energy budget
- Sampa Chakrabarti and B. K. Dutta, Photocatalytic Degradation of Model Textile Dyes in Wastewater Using ZnO as Semiconductor Catalyst, J of Hazardous Materials B112 (2004), 269 -278.
- Amrita Dutta, Prantik Banerjee, Debasish Sarkar, Sekhar Bhattacharjee, Sampa Chakrabarti, Degradation of Trypan Blue in wastewater by sunlight assisted modified photo-Fenton reaction, accepted for publication in Desalination and Water Treatment (2014), 1-8.
- Pallavi Mitra, Prantik Banerjee, Sampa Chakrabarti, Sekhar Bhattacharjee, Utilization of solar energy for photoreduction of industrial wastewater containing hexavalent chromium with zinc oxide semiconductor catalyst, Desalination and Water Treatment, (2013)1 -9.
- Prantik Banerjee, Sampa Chakrabarti, Saikat Maitra, Binay K. Dutta, Zinc oxide nano-particles – Sonochemical synthesis, characterization and application for photo-remediation of heavy metal, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry; 19 (2012) 85–93.