Main Article Content
Fingerprint attendance system aims to automate the attendance taking procedure using biometric technology (fingerprint). Fingerprints are a form of biometric identification which varies from person to person uniquely. The automated attendance system is extremely efficient and time saving compared to the traditional call out procedures. This paper gives us the information about fingerprint based attendance system that records the attendance of a person using a hand held fingerprint sensor.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The copyright for all manuscripts/ documents belongs to the authors.
- Rosario Arjona and Iluminada Baturone “Model-based Design for Selecting Fingerprint Recognition Algorithms for Embedded Systems” Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS), 2012 19th IEEE International Conference,978-1-4673-1260-8/12/$31.00 ©2012 IEEE
- M. Kamaraju, P. A. Kumar, B. A. Krishna and B Rajasekhar, “Embedded Fingerprint Recognition System”, Recent Researches in Telecommunications, Informatics, Electronics and Signal Processing, 2013
- M.B. Srinidhi and R Roy , “A Web Enabled Secured System for Attendance Monitoring and Real Time Location Tracking Using Biometric and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology”, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), Coimbatore, India, Jan. 08- 10, 2015
- N.I. Zainal , K.A. Sidek, T.S. Gunawan, and H.M.M. Kartiwi , “Design and development of portable classroom attendance system based on Arduino and fingerprint Biometric”, IEEE International conference on information and communication Technology for the Muslim world, Nov. 17-18, 2014
- A.N. Ansari, A. Navada, S. Agarwal, S. Patil, and B. Sonkamble, “Automation of Attendance system using RFID ,Biometrics, GSM modem with. Net framework”, IEEE International conference on multimedia technology, July 26-28, 2011, pp. 2976-2979
- U. Farooq, M. Amar , H.R. Ibrahim, N. Khalid, S. Nazir, and M.U. Asad, “Cost Effective Wireless Attendance and Access Control System, IEEE 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT)”, July 9-10,2010, pp.475-479
- Kadry S. and Smaili M. (2010): Wireless Attendance Management System based on Iris Recognition. Scientific Research and Essays Vol. 5(12), pp. 1428-1435, 18 June, 2010
- Shoewu O., Olaniyi O.M. and Lawson A. (2011): Embedded Computer-Based Lecture Attendance Management System. African Journal of Computing and ICT. Vol. 4, No.3 P 27- 36, September, 2011
- Shehu V. and Dika A. (2011): Using Real Time Computer Vision Algorithms in Automatic Attendance Management Systems. Proceedings of the ITI 2010 32nd Int. Conf. on Information Technology Interfaces, June 21-24, 2010, Cavtat, Croatia.
- Jain A. K., Maio D., Maltoni D., and Prabhakar S. (2003): Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition, Springer, New York, 2003
- S .S. Chikkerur, “Online Fingerprint Verification System”. M.Sc. Thesis. SUNY: Buffalo, NY, 2005
- D. Acharya and A. K. Mishra, “Wireless Fingerprint based Student Attendance system”, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, 2010. http://ethesis.nitrkl.ac.in/1765/
- EPIC-Electronic Privacy Information Centre (2002): “National ID Cards,” http://www.epic.org/privacy/id_cards/
- Bevan S and Hayday S. (1998): Attendance Management: a Review of Good Practice" Report 353, Institute for Employment Studies