Main Article Content
This paper reviews the challenges in water supply system, development and distribution of systems to manage water quality, leakages and contamination of drinking water in transmission network and managing pipeline network. Nowadays the wireless communication system is trending because of it’s impact in the field of healthcare, agriculture, safety measurements where as it plays the decisive role for developing the monitoring of systems. Water distribution systems made up of networks of pipes which can be in poor states of repair that are buried beneath our streets and relatively inaccessible. So to manage these systems the reliable data is needed to understand and detect water losses due to leaks or burst events, abnormality in the control of water quality. In this paper, we present a system to monitor the supply of water by the implementation of IoT. We detect the leakage using flow meter. The usage and wastage of water is tracked by the sensors and an alerter is used to notify the user if there is any contamination in drinking water. This proposed water supplying monitoring system will help the users to track and manage the supplying system, to evacuate the residue of chlorine left where as to distribute water equally in all the places.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The copyright for all manuscripts/ documents belongs to the authors.
- A. Ailamaki, C. Faloutsos, P.S. Fischbeck, M.J. Small, J. Van Briesen, "An environmental sensor network to determine drinking water quality and security", SIGMOD Record, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 47-52, Dec. 2003.
- X. Ma, S. Li, Q. Luo, D. Yang, S. Tang, "Distributed Hierarchical Clustering and Summarization in Sensor Networks", APWeblWAIM, 2007.
- S. Papadimitriou, J. Sun, C. Faloutsos, "Streaming pattern discovery in multiple time-series", VLDB, 2005.
- Narayan Hegde, "Water scarcity and security in India", BAIF at the Indian Science Congress, 2012.
- Nagender Kumar Suryadevara, Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay, "Wireless sensor network based home monitoring system for wellness determination of elderly", IEEE sensors journal, vol. 12, no. 6, June 2012.
- Peng Jiang, Hongbo Xia, Zhiye He, Zheming Wang, "Design of a Water Environment Monitoring System Based on Wireless Sensor Networks", Sensors 2009, vol. 9, pp. 6411-6434
- B O'Flynn, Rafael Martínez-Català, S. Harte, C. O' Mathuna, John Cleary, C. Slater, F. Regan, D. Diamond, Heather Murphy, "Smart Coast-A Wireless Sensor Network for Water Quality Monitoring", 32nd IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, pp. 815-816, 2007.
- M. Allen, A. Preis, M. Iqbal, S. Srirangarajan, H.B. Lim, L.D. Girod, and A.J. Whittle. Real-time in network distribution system monitoring to improve operational efficiency. Journal AWWA, 103(7), 2011.
- Anonymous. Water 20/20: Bringing smart water networks into focus. Technical report, Sensus, 2012.